Monday, March 18, 2024

The Mountains of Motherhood.

 

The mountains of motherhood what does that mean to you? I think the first words that come to my mind is adventure. I use to live in Colorado and the Rockies and their glorious splendor. 

I don’t know about you but motherhood doesn’t always feel like a glorious splendor. Sometimes it feels like chaos but there is beauty in the chaos. It’s those beautiful glimmers that reminds me of what truly matters in life. It’s not the dishes piled up in the sink or the endless loads of laundry that sit with their daunting stare. It is the moments of my toddler patting my knee when baby E is crying for hours on end, it is the moments of Big sister and baby E cuddling on the couch. It is the glimmers of motherhood we need to remember, when the mountains seem big. 

Never in my life would I have thought I would have two children in less than 2 years. There has been moments of tears and moments of laughter already. I remember the days I would pray for what I have now, a soul longing for children but that void would remain there until God was faithful to keep his promise as Psalm 113:9 says “He will give the barren woman children making her home happy and herself a joyful mother.” 

I know at times parts of motherhood doesn’t feel very joyful does it? But there is such a bigger purpose to motherhood, you’re handpicked to be your kids mother what a blessing that is in itself! I think we can get so lost in the mundane routines of motherhood that we forget there is purpose in what seems to be he mountains of each day. That the end of the day our children aren’t going to remember the piles of dishes, or the never ending story of laundry, or the diaper changes that will make you want to puke but rather how much we showed up for them that day. 

What mountain are you facing today in motherhood? 

I don’t know fully what this blog will hold but I figured the name, Motherhood, Messes and Making Memories. Here’s to the view that the Mountains of Motherhood will be! 

Be blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Entries

Baby I Got You on My Mind

  My Baby Shower for Toddler E 12/22 Today I wanted to talk about some of my favorite baby items I love and have used for both girls! I know...